Do you love to make friends, talk about golf and work with people? Then you might be the perfect candidate to be a World Golf Hall of Fame volunteer! Many of our more than 100 volunteers live in the St. Augustine and Ponte Vedra area, but others are snowbirds who find volunteering during the winter months an enjoyable way to spend their time. It just takes a few hours a month to become a part of the Hall of Fame’s Volunteer corps! Our volunteers do have one thing in common – a passion for the game and meeting our visitors!
Last year, our volunteers donated more than 30,000 hours doing the following:
- Welcoming visitors when they arrive at the Museum
- Answering questions from guests during their experience
- Facilitating hands-on exhibits like the golf simulator and 1800s style putting green
- Acting as docents in the Shell’s “Science of Golf” program for visiting students
- Greeting clients during corporate functions and dinners in the museum
- Assisting with special projects