World Golf Hall of Fame puts tickets and vacation packages on sale for 2013 Induction Ceremony
St. Augustine, Fla. (Oct. 31, 2012) -- The World Golf Hall of Fame & Museum announced event tickets and vacation packages are on sale Nov. 1 for the 2013 Induction Ceremony. The Ceremony is on Monday, May 6, 2013 and is the culmination of a weekend of events that celebrate the Class of 2013. Fred Couples and Ken Venturi have been named as members of the Class of 2013, and the Hall of Fame will announce the rest of the Class in the coming months.
The Induction Ceremony once again kicks off of THE PLAYERS Championship week, and will be held at 6 p.m. in the St. Johns County Convention Center, adjacent to the World Golf Hall of Fame. The Ceremony & Gala celebrate the tradition and history of the game, as well as the lives and careers of the newest inductees.
Tickets and packages are available to events throughout Induction weekend, including:
- The Induction Ceremony & Gala - A limited number of tickets to the Induction Ceremony & Gala are on sale now for $175. The Gala is held in the Hall of Fame immediately following the Ceremony and includes heavy hors d'oeuvres buffets, open bar and an opportunity to rub shoulders with the Class of 2013, members of the Hall of Fame and international golf dignitaries. To purchase, go to www.WorldGolfHallofFame.org.
- Induction Ceremony overnight packages - Visitors can select from several packages that include the Induction Ceremony & Gala tickets, hotel accommodations at a World Golf Village property, golf lessons at the PGA TOUR Golf Academy and more. Packages start at $355 per person and are available at www.WorldGolfVillage.com.
- Induction Ceremony Golf Tournament - A limited number of foursomes are available in the Induction Ceremony Golf Tournament on the Slammer & Squire Golf Course at World Golf Village on Monday morning, May 6. The tournament will be a shotgun format and includes continental breakfast, awards luncheon, a gift bag and the opportunity to meet members of the Hall of Fame. Golfers may register for $400 per person and foursomes are $1400. To purchase, visit www.WorldGolfHallofFame.org.
- Induction Forum - Visitors can purchase tickets to this special event which features the Class of 2013 participating in a moderated panel discussion on Sunday afternoon, May 5, from 4:30-6 p.m. in Shell Hall at the World Golf Hall of Fame. Tickets to the forum include a seat, all-day Museum admission, as well as a Class of 2013 Commemorative poster. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 day of the event and $10 for Friends of the Hall of Fame museum members. To purchase, visit www.WorldGolfHallofFame.org.
- There will be a limited number of free, Induction Ceremony-only tickets available prior to the event. More information will be released on Jan. 11, 2013. To be added to the mailing list, go to www.WorldGolfHallofFame.org.
For information about the World Golf Hall of Fame & Museum or the 2013 Induction Ceremony, visit www.WorldGolfHallofFame.org.
About the World Golf Hall of Fame & Museum
The World Golf Hall of Fame & Museum preserves and honors the history of golf and the legacies of those who have made it great. The Hall of Fame and Museum, located at World Golf Village in St. Augustine, Fla., serves as a steward of the game through engaging, interactive storytelling and exhibitions featuring artifacts, works of art, audio, video and photography significant to the history of golf and its members.
The Hall of Fame is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit institution and is allied with 26 national and international golf organizations, including The European Tour, LPGA, the Masters Tournament, PGA of America, PGA TOUR, The R&A and USGA. To learn more about the Hall of Fame or to lend support, visit www.WorldGolfHallofFame.org.
# # #
As the Founding Partner of the World Golf Hall of Fame & Museum and World Golf Village, Shell Oil Company played a lead role in supporting the development and growth of the institution, which opened in 1998. Since then, their continued involvement has led the way for others to join in support of the Hall of Fame & Museum's mission.